Click here to visit the Keepin' Up With Mr. Allred "website".
Click here to see an example of the What's New "website" concept.
Purpose / Background: I believe in using technology to make life easier and more productive. As a high school teacher I answer to several stakeholders - administration, my students, and myself. Rather than creating different lesson plans for all three I chose to use Blogger as a consolidation and communication tool. By creating my lesson plans in Google Docs I automatically post updated plans to Keepin' Up With Mr. Allred whenever I hit "save". Last year I used a blog to help students interact with current events by using the What's New concept where students could email posts to a period-specific class blog and then comment on their classmates' posts. This actually gave those pesky cell phones a purpose in learning as some students emailed current event stories right from their phone.
Result: My students visit my site on and off campus to get updates. Administrators always know if I'm teaching the standards or not. And, I post my student-oriented plans on the overhead as our online lesson outline for the day. Time is saved and all parties are happy. Learning engagement has increased thanks to both of the blog applications outlined above. Note: I know the site designs are not stellar but they are FREE!
Student-Made Magazine Gets White House Award - Willcox High School
Click here see the student-made website.
Click here to see the list of award recipients and learn more about the award.
Purpose / Background: As the Willcox High School Marketing Teacher I advise and teach a group of 18 students who manage the business side of a 100% student-made magazine in the rural town of Willcox, AZ. The magazine, known as TAG Magazine, is named after the Teen Advisory Group, a group of visionary teenagers who established the magazine as their first work project under the guidance of the community library five years ago. Since that time hundreds of teens have contributed to the magazine as artists, musicians, writers, editors, designers, and now business people as the program was expanded into the curriculum at Willcox High School in September 2009.
Result: TAG Magazine and the TAG Teen Program were recognized with the 2009 Coming Up Taller Award - the nation's highest honor for after-school arts and humanities programs. The award was presented by First Lady Obama at the White House.
Website Media Center - Career Step, Inc.
Click here to visit the website.
Purpose: As Director of Marketing I managed Career Step's web programming and web design teams through continual updates and campaign support initiatives. I instituted the addition of a Media Center. Visit the Media Center.
Result: Career Step continues to grow and garnish awards such as No. 2671 on the Inc. 5000.
Website Landing Page System - Career Step, Inc.
Purpose: As Director of Marketing I instituted the creation of a Landing Page System to support Career Step's pay-per-click and other online advertising campaigns. Click the links below to see existing landing pages:
- Work at home:http://www.careerstep.com/workathome/
- Military spouse:http://www.careerstep.com/militaryspouse/
- Going green:http://www.careerstep.com/green/
- Medical coding:http://www.careerstep.com/coding/
- Academic partners:http://www.careerstep.com/ap/
Website - Globalization Group, Inc.
Click here to visit the website.
Purpose: As Director of Marketing I wrote the content and coordinated the design for this website. The website improved client acquisition efforts and brand image for Globalization Group. Globalization Group is a premier provider of language solutions for global firms.
Result: Globalization Group continues to grow and prosper due in part to the efforts I made to move the company from a regional to global language solutions provider. This website is a key to that success.
Magazine Ad - Globalization Group, Inc.Click here to see the ad.
Publication: U.S. Business Review (visit website)
Date: June 2006
Purpose: This ad was designed to accompany a feature article of Daifuku America, one of Globalization Group's primary clients.
Result: Globalization Group made contact with c-level executives which resulted in further business.
Lobby Poster - Ephrata Medical Center
Click here to see the poster.
Date: June 2006
Purpose: This poster was placed in areas targeting airline pilots who needed FAA flight physicals.
Result: The medical clinic client continues to grow their FAA flight physical business.
Press Release #1 - Worldwide Photo Contest AnnouncedClick here to see the press release.
Click here to visit the website.
Publications:
2006
newsguide.us
icatchy.net
photomagacin.com
multilingual.com
emediawire.com
2007
gala-global.org
Date: August 2006 & December 2007
Purpose: I organized and launched an annual worldwide photo contest for Globalization Group in order to improve client relations and increase name awareness.
Result: Globalization Group continues to host the contest as it has met initial marketing goals in all respects. More and more contestants enter photos each year.
Press Release #2 - Worldwide Photo Contest Winners AnnouncedClick here to see the press release.
Publications:
photonewstoday.com
foto-log.biz
bestviews.org
gadgetworld.info